Monday, October 6, 2014

Makeup Monday: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetic Matte Lip Tar - Black Dahlia

Hello! Lovelies
 
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics otherwise known as OCC is a brand that offers a large variety off lip products as well as nail polish and pigments in a wide range of colors, from natural to vivid purple. If you've never seen there lip tars before they are a cross between a lip stain & gloss with a finish more like a lipstick. I've been wanting to try them forever but since I rarely wear lipstick I couldn't bring myself to spend $18 dollars on something I doubt I'd wear very often. But luckily for me this months GlossyBox came with a full size OCC lip tar. I was thrilled to say the least and was very excited to give a review on it for ya'll!
 
 
 
 
Let me start off by saying WOW! are these pigmented. A little goes a very long way. Now I was sent mine in my GlossyBox so obviously I wasn't able to pick my own color. But if I were shopping at Sephora and seen the OCC stand I would have bought this for myself. Even though I am not a huge lipstick wearer I do love a good vampy lip. Another thing that is nice is the tube it comes in, very non fuss packaging. I feel like you will be able to get all the product out unlike other glosses or stains when you get to the very end.
 
The thing that also impresses me is nothing to due with the color or texture but the companies values. They are cruelty free and 100% vegan.
 
I would highly recommend this brand for your Halloween makeup needs. Because they are high quality and aren't cheap like the Halloween lipsticks you'll find at the party store or your local drugstore Halloween aisle.
 
Pros:
 
OCC lip tar is formulated without:Parabens
Petroleum
or 
 Silicone.
 
Cons:
 
The only real con is that if you need to touch up and your say out and about you need a mirror and lip brush. But if that isn't a big deal than this might just be the product for you.
 
The perfect dark colored lip for fall!
 
Have you tried this brand before, How did you like it?
 
If you'd like to try this for yourself it can be bought at: Sephora, Nordstrom.
 
 
 
4 stars ☆☆☆☆

Love
 EMILY

 
Disclaimer: Any photos used are mine unless otherwise posted with a * . I was not sent this item to review. The opinions are 100% my own.


No comments :

Post a Comment