Friday, September 26, 2014

Foodie Friday: Norwegian Apple Cake

Hello! Lovelies
 
 
At the beginning of this week we kicked off the start to fall and what is more fall appropriate than Apples?! And Pumpkin but that's a whole different story.
I was able to recently pick 80 lbs. of apples from a kind mans 100+ year old Apple tree. The thing was so beautiful I wish I would've taken a picture. Anyways it's put me in the apple mood. So today I will be sharing my take on a Norwegian Apple cake, Now to those of you living in Norway this may not be 100% authentic to you or how your Grandmother made it but I myself am Norwegian American so hopefully I can do it justice.




 
 
 
To start off this cake is rather easy to make. I used one bowl and mixed it all by hand. No Kitchen Aid mixer needed for this.
 
Ingredients:
 
2 Eggs
 
2 Tablespoons Milk ( I used 2%.)
 
3/4 Cup Sugar
 
1 Teaspoon Vanillia
 
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
 
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
 
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
 
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
 
1/4 Teaspoon Cardamon
 
1 1/4 Cups Flour
 
4 HoneyCrisp Apples

Optional:
Hand full chopped Walnuts
Hand Full Raisins
 
Bake in 8inch Springform pan Pre-Heat Oven: 350°F
 
 
Start off by peeling and dicing two apples, peel and grate 1 apple into the bowl with the diced apples. Add vanilla, cinnamon,and cardamom, mix. Add in two eggs, baking powder & soda, and salt. Make sure to mix ingredents and add in your milk. Once your apple and spice mixture has been combined add in flour.
Spray your Springform pan with cooking spray. And place batter in pan. Cover bottom of pan with tin foil just in case any leaks happen. Then cut a few pieces of your remaining apple to place ontop. Then place in oven and bake for 50-55 minutes.
 
I hope you enjoy the recipe if you end up making it tag me of Instagram or Twitter. I'd love to see your finished version. :)

 
 
Love
Emily
 Disclaimer: Any photos used are mine unless otherwise posted with a * . This post was 100% created by me and photos are copyrighted to TheChicCountryGirl, If your sharing any of them please give credit to this site


No comments :

Post a Comment