Wednesday, October 15, 2014

DIY Halloween: Elsa Inspired Snow Queen Crown

Hello! Lovelies
 
 
It is that wonderfully spooky time of year again...All Hallows Eve, Halloween. By far one of my favorite times of the year, I'm also a big lover of anything Christmas but lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet let's stick to one Holiday obsession at a time.

Unless you've been living under a rock the past year or so Disney released this movie about two Norwegian sisters and a snowman, you may have seen or heard a little something about it?!?! Well anyways one of these two sisters has magical icy powers. Pretty cool, right? Anyways I was rather inspired by this cool chick to make a beautiful ice crown fit for magical royalty.


 
 
To make this crown you'll need:
 
(All items used in this tutorial were bought at Hobby Lobby)
 
 
 
 
 
4-5  Crystal Branches #540344 (couldn't find online)
 
 
4-5 A Tree For Me Mini Snowflakes #6545545 (couldn't find online)
 
 
1 Fashion Ornament/Snow & Ice #5279633 or some sort of beaded trim (couldn't find online)
 
Tools:
Scissors
 
Craft Wire Cutters
 
White Thread & Needle
 
Hot glue gun & sticks 
 
 
Start off by gathering your branches and icicles, layout the design you want to go with. I started off by hand sewing each icicle to the mesh bottom of the head band that way they are more secure than just with the hot glue, I then went around the band and glued them as well.
 
 
I then trimmed the branches and glued them where I wanted them. After I hot glued them I t cut off 2-3 inch section of floral stem wire and wrapped the wire around the branch and head band to secure it. You'll want to make sure your wire is white that way it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.
 
 
Once you've done that take some sort of beaded trim and cut to the length you need to cover the top and bottom section of the head band. You could sew these on but I just hot glued mine. Once you've done that place your crystal dazzlers in the middle of those two strips of trim. The last thing I did was add mini snow flakes over the middle of the branches where the wire could be seen.
 
 
 
This Crown was rather cheap to make, I think I spent less than $15 US dollars. It did take some time. I worked on it today and yesterday overall maybe 3-4 hours total. With all the detail I don't think that's to bad. And just think you will have a crown like nobody else, this is not a cheap looking Crown you'll find at your local party store. And you can make it 100% custom to your taste.
 
If you make a Snow Queen Crown I'd love to see pictures. Tag me on Instagram or Twitter @ChicCountryGirl
 
Happy Halloween!
 
Love
Emily
 Disclaimer: Any photos used are mine unless otherwise posted with a * . This post was 100% created by me and photos are copyrighted to TheChicCountryGirl, If your sharing any of them please give credit to this site
 

No comments :

Post a Comment