Wednesday, October 22, 2014

DIY Halloween/Fall: Velvet Pumpkins

Hello, Lovelies!
 
Today I thought I'd do a super easy DIY perfect for not only Halloween but Thanksgiving/Fall too.
 
Velvet Pumpkins. I seen these first last year. I am not for sure who did these first but all I know is that a lot of people make them now. Even Hobby Lobby has their own version but they don't have real pumpkin stems like these.
 
I saved my stems from last years pumpkins but you could cut the stems off fresh pumpkins or call a local pumpkin patch and see if they have any. Last year I called a local pumpkin farm and they said I could come get some but just never got around to doing so.
 
 
 
You'll need:
 
 
 
Start off by tracing a circle. I used a plate so it would be a better circle than what I'd draw myself. Then cut out with scissors. My cut circle measures 9 1/2 inches. Then take a threaded needle and bunch up your fabric and go around bunching all the fabric on your needle. I did this while the fabric was wrong side out.

 
Once you've done that add your fiber filling. When you've added as much as you want sew up the hole. 
 
You'll then want to put hot glue in he middle of your velvet pumpkin, I also hot glued the bottom of stem. Then place in middle and press until it sticks. That's all you have to do.


I had a lot of fun making these. They were easy and I personally think they turned out very cute. And if for any reason you don't like Velvet (Which who the heck doesn't?!) you can always use a different fabric. I might make a couple myself out of some autumnal wool I have lying around.
 
If you make a Pumpkin I'd love to see pictures. Tag me on Instagram or Twitter @ChicCountryGirl
 
Happy Halloween!
 
Love
Emily
 Disclaimer: Any photos used are mine unless otherwise posted with a * . This post was 100% created by me and photos are copyrighted to TheChicCountryGirl, If your sharing any of them please give credit to this site
 


No comments :

Post a Comment