Friday, September 12, 2014

Foodie Friday: Dark Chocolate & Pistachio Caramel Corn

Hello!

I am a Popcorn lover, It's one of my favorite snacks. But never have I before made my own from scratch at home. I either always buy it from shops or make microwave popcorn, but i've always wanted to make my own caramel corn and haven't because I thought it would be to hard. And to tell you the truth it wasn't that bad. It took sometime but it was totally worth it.

This is going to be my go to fall snack.

In this recipe I add Pistachios & Dark chocolate but if your not a fan of either of those things just skip them and follow the recipe as normal just skip the nut & chocolate step.






Recipe:

Ingredients:

1 stick of Butter (Salted or unsalted is fine)
1/4 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Cup Un-shelled Roasted Pistachios
1 Dark Chocolate Bar 


Fresh Popped Pop Corn, I used 3/4 cups of Yellow corn kernels. And 5-6 tablespoon canola oil. 

In a large soup pan melt one stick of butter. Once melted leave it on medium heat and add in corn syrup and brown sugar. Stir in and cook for 5 minutes or until it comes to a boil, Stir every few seconds you don't want it to burn. After it comes to a boil turn down to low heat and let it sit untouched for another 5 minutes. When those 5 minutes have passed turn up heat and cook for another 5 minutes or so. 

Now you'll want to mix together baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Stir together and pour into pan. Make sure the caramel is combined with the soda mixture and then pour out popcorn onto pre foiled & greased cookie sheets and pour caramel over the top and mix with a spatula. Cook at 300 degrees F°  for 20 minutes. While it's baking pull out the trays and flip popcorn once or twice. You don't want to skip this step it helps to evenly coat the popcorn.

After baked place on wax paper until cool. When the popcorn has cooled down melt half a dark chocolate bar and drizzle on popcorn. Let chocolate dry & Enjoy!

I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you make it yourself take a picture and tag me on Twitter or Instagram.


Love,
Emily



Disclaimer: Any photos used are mine unless otherwise posted with a * . This post was 100% created by me and photos are copyrighted to TheChicCountryGirl, If your sharing any of them please give credit to this site

No comments :

Post a Comment