Sunday, January 18, 2015

Recipe: Rustic Black Forest Cupcakes

Hello!
 
Oh Cupcakes, who doesn't love a good cupcake these days. From all the cupcake bakeries to cupcake baking competitions on TV. They seam to be the "It" sweet treat. Today I thought I'd share the perfect Black Forest cupcake recipe. And let you in on a little secret. The recipe includes a boxed cake mix. I did a little twist on the classic German cake, instead of doing whipped cream I did Cream Cheese frosting. But go right ahead and do whipped cream if you'd prefer.
 
Every Sunday since I can remember we've gone to my Grandmothers for lunch, so today for an after lunch treat I made these cupcakes and everyone seamed to love them. I hope you do too!

 
 
 
Recipe:
 
Preheat oven: 350F
 
1 Box Devils Food Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker)
 
3 eggs
 
1 1/4 Cups Water
 
1/2 Vegetable Oil
 
As per the instructions on the cake mix
 
I then add:
 
1 extra Egg
 
4 Tablespoon All-purpose Flour
 
2 21 oz Canned Cherry Pie Filling
 
In a bowl or stand mixer. Add all 4 eggs and beat. Once beaten add cake mix and extra flour. Mix. Once batter is mixed line 24 cup cake tins with paper liners. Then pour in each liner 2 Tablespoons of batter, once you've done that add the Cherry pie filling. I added 3 Cherries and a bit of the syrup to each cupcake. After you've done that fill the cupcake liner until just under 1/4 inch full. And bake for 18 minutes.
 
Frosting:
 
12 oz Betty Crocker Cream Cheese
 
Or if you prefer homemade my favorite recipe is
 
4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, room temp
 
4 Cups Confectioners Sugar
 
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
 
6 oz Cream Cheese, room temp
 
Combine all ingredients in stand mixer, Mix until all combined. Once the mixture looks like frosting beat on high for a couple minutes until light and fluffy.
 
I then sprinkled on Dark Chocolate shavings and placed 1 Cherry on top. I used the pie Cherries I just didn't use the syrup.
 
Enjoy!
 
As always I'd love to know if you try this recipe. If you do comment below or tag me on Twitter/Instagram @ ChicCountryGirl
 
 
 
 
Love,
Emily
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Disclaimer: Any photos used are mine unless otherwise posted with a * . This post was 100% created by me and photos are copyrighted to TheChicCountryGirl, If your sharing any of them please give credit to this site.

3 comments :

  1. Hi

    These are delightful :)

    I have a party coming up and this looks like a great idea :) Do you think they will stay good for 4-5 days?

    Do I have to freeze them for them to stay good?

    Because the party is on a Friday night and I will have to make these the previous Sunday as I have no other time in between!

    Otherwise i have to order online valentines day cake.

    Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tracy

      I am sure you could freeze the cupcakes. I wouldn't frost them until the day of or night before the party.

      Delete
  2. Your blog has helped me cultivate a deeper sense of gratitude and mindfulness – I'm thankful! Experience the thrill of victory and the satisfaction of a well-aimed shot in Funny Shooter 2 Online - it's gaming at its best!

    ReplyDelete