Friday, October 24, 2014

Foodie Friday: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting DIY Halloween Decorating

Hello, Lovelies!
Are you ready? We are 7 days from Halloween. The night of Ghosts, Ghouls & Witches.
What a better way to celebrate than by making the perfect Pumpkin cupcakes.
I'll also show you how I decorated mine.






The cake recipe I used came from Pinterest but I gave it a little tweaking.
 Makes 24 cupcakes
4 eggs
1 Stick Unsalted Butter
1 Cup  Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 15 oz. can Pumpkin Puree
1 cup Milk
1 Teaspoon Salt
3 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
In a stand mixer or large bowl cream butter and sugars. Add in Pumpkin and eggs,mix. Add baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix. Once you've done that add your milk and slowly start mixing in your flour.
Pour in cupcake cases just a little under full. And bake for 18-20 minutes at 350°F
Frosting:
I used  1 1/2 cans of pre made Cream Cheese Frosting. And added 2-3 drops of Maple flavoring.
Blood sugar:
1/2 cup Water
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Light Corn Syrup
3-4 drops Red Food Coloring
In a pan on medium heat add water and sugar. Let melt (Make sure to stir you don't want it to burn) and add corn syrup. Once that has began to boil add your food coloring. Let cook for another 15-20s minutes. To check if its ready in a glass of water drop a little of the melted sugar mixture, if it keeps it's shape you are good to go. Pour onto pre wax papered and buttered cookie sheet. I used a metal spoon and dropped it in little blobs that would fit on top my cupcake. Then I took Wilton brand sugar Meat Cleavers on top ( I bought mine at Walmart, You can find them at most craft stores.) I stuck them on by placing a dab of frosting and sticking them to the sugar. I made my blood sugar the night before, but you don't have to do that. You do want to wait atleast an hour before placing them on your cupcake.
These are easy to make just a little time consuming with the sugar that is why I used pre made frosting so it was quicker. But of course if you have a go to frosting recipe go ahead and use it.
 If you make these I'd love to see pictures. Tag me on Instagram or Twitter @ChicCountryGirl

Happy Halloween!

Love
Emily
 Disclaimer: Any photos used are mine unless otherwise posted with a * . This post was 100% created by me and photos are copyrighted to TheChicCountryGirl, If your sharing any of them please give credit to this site

No comments :

Post a Comment