Monday, August 18, 2014

Review: The Nudes by Maybelline

Hello, Lovelies
Recently Maybelline released it's first real palette not a quad nor a single shadow but a full on 12 shade palette. I feel like they made an almost perfect palette for their first one. It's on trend with all the nude palettes that high end companies are always releasing. So when I seen this in the store I just had to try it.





The first thing you notice about this palette is the 12 beautiful shades. Then the nice sleek no fuss packaging. A lot of times companies make palettes in over the top bulky packaging but Maybelline didn't do that with this one. I've tested all the shades and wore them twice now. They are very nice. The darker shades are better than the three lighter ones. Two of those are shimmery and the last one is matte. Those three are the worst in the set, I wouldn't say they are awful but nor are they amazing. But I don't feel like that's due to them being a drugstore product, I've tried a lot of higher end shadows in colors like these that also aren't that highly pigmented.
Other than those 3 I really enjoyed the other 9 shadows. Which in any palette their are always a few shades I never use. If you are someone not wanting to spend $50 + on eye shadow then this is the perfect palette for you.
Pros:
Price
Overall pigmentation
Drugstore availability
Cons:
For the price nothing really
If you'd like to give this a try for yourself it can be bought at: Walgreens, Drugstore.comTarget
Have you tried this product, If so how did you like it?


Love,
Emily


 
Disclaimer: Any photos used are mine unless otherwise posted with a * . I was not sent this item to review. The opinions are 100% my own.


2 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to explain this. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and others around you.

    ReplyDelete